Friday, July 1, 2011

Mirror Shots


  It's always the same... Go on a trip, take loads of photos, come home, look at photos obsessively.... notice there are none of Johnny and I together. Lots of him. Lots of me. One, that we managed to get another tourist to take of us in front of the Eiffel Tower. That's the one we send to the parents, all framed and what-not.
  Hence the "Mirror Shots".
  Perhaps not the best photos of us together, but what fun. Again, I found myself searching out the traffic mirrors wherever we went. Fortunately, there are tons of these mirrors all over the place.  Really, start to notice them, and you will be amazed at how many there are... in town, in the country side,... a lot like those damn Gnomes. 
  What's really cool, is that you get a photo with you in it, plus whatever is in the background AND what's behind you. A great effect, and we had fun with it...





Down Town Paciano





Outside the bar/cafe where we would get our cappuccini in Paciano





Walking/biking signs near one of the gates of Paciano




Even though it's just me, I love this one... all
that countryside in the background...





Drive-By shot!





I like this...the railing on the balcony is so beautiful






  Sometimes we would get silly, and lord knows, Johnny loves to get all jiggy with it.. Don't get him started. He would kill if he knew I was adding these to the blog. Think I'll leave the most disturbing ones in the "Never To Be Viewed" file..




Johnny doing his best to be an 80's New Wave sensation, 20 something years later...






Honestly, don't even ask.



  We loved coming across mirror shots way out in the middle of nowhere. It's a great way to get an idea of the surrounding country side, and have a little fun, too. 
  Sometimes the mirrors were all old and rusty, and sometimes they were shiny and pristine. They look like little spaceships, floating in the sky. On top of a pole, of course.... but still very bubble-y.






This one is so cool, with the smoke from burning olive clippings going off in the background.
This totally brings me right back to March in Umbria.






Just a couple of crazy kids out for a spring drive...







'Nuff said







Outside the walls of Panicale, at dusk.. the beauty hour



  What can I say, I'm totally smitten with Panicale, and I thank god for this little blog-o-mine because it gives me all the excuse I need to go through photos and write on about it, keeping it all right here, close to my heart. And until next spring, when we go back, I will try very hard to be here now.
  And between you and me, here ain't all that bad, either.

3 comments:

  1. Humm....I've left many comments before, but none seem to 'stick' to your blog site! Your photos are glorious. And, now, love this latest set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how the comment thing goes, but I do see this one. Please keep trying, so I can figure it out.... thanks for taking time to check out the blog now & then!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has just been made public that the mirrors of Italy, specifically the round style used by motorists to navigate tight corners, are indeed magical. People who have their image snapped while facing these magic mirrors will suddenly experience a slight giggle as a teeny, tiny bit of their soul slips through the mirror and into the surrounding countryside. There are only several effects of this known at this time. They include a sudden desire for handmade, leather shoes, occasional urges to belt our Il Canto degli Italiani, and an overwhelming passion for tomatoes and panini dipped in olive oil and garlic. If you have experienced any of these symptoms, please return immediately to the first magic mirror to retrieve your soul bits. (It’s getting rather messy at several of the more popular sites).

    ReplyDelete